We do driver’s education courses every month and we schedule them around Lawton Public School’s calendar. Our state certified driver’s education course includes 10 hours of classroom instruction (done in two, five-hour sessions) and six hours of private driving instruction (done in two three-hour sessions). The driving instruction is done one-on-one with a certified driving instructor and drive time will be scheduled according to the student’s and driver instructor’s schedules. All drive times will be conducted within 30 days* after classroom session is completed so that the knowledge obtained is as fresh as possible.
*Exceptions to the 30 day rule may be made for extenuating circumstances.
1314 SW Lee Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73501
Tuition for the course is $350 and includes the required classroom instruction time (10 hours) and behind-the-wheel instruction time (6 hours). Fees do not include or guarantee successful completion of the written or driving road tests. The written test must be taken at a local testing facility, and we can provide the driving test with a certified driver examiner for $40. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, Venmo, or Apple Pay. The full amount is due on the first day of class. A payment plan is available with prior arrangement.
- Additional drive time is available for $100 for two hours of instruction.
- If you lose your certificate and need a duplicate the fee is $20.
What to Bring
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in on the first day of class, and bring the following items:
- Pen and highlighter
- Oklahoma Driving Manual (purchase at the local tag agency, or we have them for $10)
- Birth certificate for verification
- $350 tuition
- Snacks as desired (drinks will be provided)
How to Prepare
- Have your new driver start watching a licensed driver maneuver a car while riding to your destination. They can learn a lot by just watching an experienced driver. Sometimes that means putting their cell phone down.
- As your new driver is observing, begin the discussion about what you are looking at in the driving pattern and what you are observing.
- Show them basic in car controls and how to use them and what they do.
- As your new driver is observing, you will probably observe a defensive maneuver that is needed to prevent a hazardous situation.
- See if your new driver can find drivers on their cell phone and or texting and see if it effects the driving.
- The six hours of driving instruction that Master Driving School will provide, will be very beneficial for your student. The beginning observation(s) and good examples that they see will begin the learning process.
- At Master Driving School our desire is that your student becomes an excellent driver, but sometimes it takes more time for some.
- The more they see and the more time spent on conversation about driving the better they can become as a new driver.